We are making sure you are aware of ongoing negotiations between Wellstar Health System and Cigna. Cigna’s current contract with Wellstar ends on March 31, 2021. Cigna is now sending written notifications to Cigna members who have received care from Wellstar within the last 12 months.
Negotiations between CIGNA or any insurance company and a network of Providers are fairly standard and happens once an agreement ends. Cigna and Wellstar continue their negotiations with the objective to have a new agreement signed by April 1, 2021. Although we expect the negotiations to be finalized, it may be after the April 1st deadline. If that is the case, the contracts will likely be backdated to April 1st.
If an agreement is not reached with Wellstar Health System, its hospitals, facilities, and certain doctors will be out-of-network, starting April 1, 2021. This includes the following hospitals, which are all part of Wellstar Health System:
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center, (Atlanta Campus)
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center, (South Campus)
- Wellstar North Fulton Hospital
- Wellstar Spalding Regional Hospital
- Wellstar Sylvan Grove Hospital
- Wellstar Douglas Hospital
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
- Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital
- Wellstar Paulding Hospital
- Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center
- Wellstar Cobb Hospital
If you or your employees have specific questions regarding this matter we encourage you to call Cigna’s Customer Service at 1-800-244-6244 or speak directly with your Wellstar Healthcare provider. We will continue to keep you apprised of any new developments as soon as they occur.
Please let us know if you have any questions.